16 years ago
Friday, February 29, 2008
Happy Leap Year and Baby Signs
This would be an interesting day to have a baby! I don't know anyone that is. I guess you'd celebrate your birthday on the 28th of February during the non-leap years! hmmm. Anyway, hope you all are doing well. We're good. I haven't had anything really exciting to report lately but I've enjoyed reading all your blogs. Well, actually I just thought of something cute to share. I started teaching Emma some sign language around her first birthday. She picked up the sign for "more" right away but other than that 1 sign she didn't seem to really care about learning any others so I wasn't really pushing it. Well, all of a sudden she started doing this one sign. I couldn't figure it out for a few weeks until one day we were looking at a book and I was naming all the objects on the page and I said "ball" and then she did her little sign and said "ball"! I was so excited to finally figure out what she was trying to sign! It's a little different than the actual sign but she adapted it to her liking! Since then she's learned the signs and words for "please" and "eat"! I'm so excited to see that teaching her the signs has actually worked! Maybe if I had stayed on top of it and consistent with it all these months she'd know a bunch more! Oh well, ya live and learn. I'll do better from now on and I'll be better prepared for the next kid. Kids are fascinating! I just love 'em. Do any of you have baby sign language success stories?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The public library offered a free class on baby sign language a year ago or so that a friend and I took. It was great!
I taught Christian several signs (it's sooo hard to remember them myself!). My favorites were "milk" and "more" and "candy"!!
He doesn't use them anymore now that he can verbalize his wants. But is was so cute and fun while it lasted.
Madyson did some signs when she was little, before she could talk. Christian was really cute with this signs when he was little! I think sign is wonderful and I think that I might take a class to learn another way to communicate with people.
Post a Comment