Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Amerian Idol (Down to 6)


I have done a terrible job following American Idol. I like the show but I guess not enough to make it a priority. Today, while taking a break from grading (see post below), I clicked on the American Idol website and was happy to discover that I can watch videos for each contestant any time I want, commercial and judge free. Not that I don't find what the judges say to be interesting but it saves me time and I can form my own opinions without their influence. Based on last night's performances, my pick is Jason. There is a sensitivity and tenderness to him that I just love. It was close though. I also really liked both the Davids- they picked songs from one of my favorite musicals (The Phantom of the Opera), so it was fun to hear their interpretations. Syesha surprised me. I thought she did a great job! I didn't recognize the song but I loved how she sang it. I was a little disappointed in Brooke's performance. I loved that she picked a song from Evita but it just didn't quite do it for me. Carly did alright but I wasn't super impressed. So anyway, there's my 2 cents worth! Who is your pick?!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I love me some David Coook! In Randy's words, "He rocks the house, DOG!"